Panforte Siena cake
This is a special of Siena, Italy that dates back to the first century 13.Dokumen, found among the papers historic Siena, the various testimonies of February 7, 1205, written on parchment paper and preserved in the archives of the state of Siena
3 cups whole almonds, roughly chopped
1 ¾ cup whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
2 cups confectioner skin
6 ounces dried apricots
5 ounces dried figs
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ Teaspoon of cloves
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
1 ¾ cup honey
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
A. preheat oven to 325 ° F oven rack to middle position. Brush an 8-inch cake pan or 8-inch springform pan with butter. .
2. In a large bowl, put almonds, hazelnuts, figs, apricots, orange peel and stir until evenly distributed.
3. In another bowl, put flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and pepper. Make sure all the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add dry ingredients to the fruit and nuts and stir until everything is thoroughly coated.
4. In a medium saucepan with a candy thermometer inserted, add sugar, honey and butter and cook over medium heat until temperature reaches 217 ° F. Remove the pan from the heat and remove candy thermometer. Quickly pour sugar mixture over fruit and nut mixture and stir together with a nonstick spatula until everything is thoroughly coated.
5. Pour into prepared pan and spread the mixture around evenly.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until surface is berbuih.Hapus from oven and let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site