strawberry mirror cake
The mirror layer strawberry cake is a mixture of classic French baked sponge cake with Bavarian cream and finished with a transparent layer of strawberry jam - aka the mirror. This cake is served when the weather is cold.in making the mousse. It's very good, and irresistible aroma of strawberry-flavored fun. I started the cake, a layer of delicious icing on the top and the casting side of the mountain. Of course I could not help spatula and licked the remaining cream from the bowl. It feels almost like soft serve strawberry ice cream.to make this cake we must be careful, the equipment is in use: mixers, bowls for mixing, spoons and wire whisk, pan spread with butter and sprinkled with flour, and lined with parchment paper, cookie cutters, round or according to taste. small sauce pan, medium saucepan, small bowl, big bowl, filled with ice.
materials to make the cake:
3 egg yolks
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1 / 8 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 / 3 cups sifted cake flour
1 / 2 cup water
1 / 3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons kirsch or strawberry liqueur (optional)
STRAWBERRY CREAM Bavaria
2-1/2 tablespoons gelatin without flavor
1-1/2 cups strained strawberry puree (1-1/2 basket)
5 egg yolks
2 / 3 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
a few drops of red food coloring
1-3/4 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon kirsch
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon gelatin without flavor
A few drops of red food coloring
1-1/2 cups strawberries (18 ounces)
3 / 4 cup sugar
3 / 4 cups water
membut the cake
1. Whisk eggs, egg yolks and ¾ cup sugar together in a medium bowl until thick and light. Whisk vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy, add 2 tablespoons sugar and stir until the whites hold stiff, glossy peaks.
3. Sift flour into egg yolk mixture and fold in. Stir in a quarter of whites. Then carefully fold in remaining whites.
4. enter the batter until evenly on a baking sheet that has been in the frame sprinkle with flour and butter, as well as given a parchment paper. Preheat oven to 450 º F. Bake until light brown and springy. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert cake tin to cut 8-1/4 inch cake circle. Wrap the cake layers, separated by wax paper, and set aside.
5. Soaking Syrup: Combine water and cups sugar 1 / 3 in the pan, bring to a boil to dissolve sugar. Set aside or refrigerate in glass jar until ready to use.
6. ASSEMBLE CAKE: Brush sides of 10-inch springform pan lightly with salad oil or almond oil with no flavor. Cut a circle of cardboard the size exactly the same as under the pot, cover with aluminum foil and cardboard into the bottom of the pan. Brush the cake with some of the soaking syrup only soaks the cake, set aside.
7. Prepare Strawberry Bavarian Cream. Immediately pour about half of the Bavarian Cream over the first layer of cake in the pan. Set the next layer of cake on top of cream. Pour remaining Bavarian Cream over cake and top with a spatula smooth cream. Refrigerate until for 1 or 2 hours.
8. Strawberry Mirror, is ready now tingal decorated according to taste
Grab The Bookmarketer For Your Site